Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Jeff Joslin to coach Spencer Fisher at UFC 120

By Mike Johnston

Former UFC star Jeff Joslin is heading back to the Ultimate Fighting Championship, only this time as a coach. The Hamilton, Ontario native announced that he will be coaching Spencer Fisher as he prepares to take on Kurt Warburton at UFC 120 in London, England.

“A few weeks back UFC fighter Spencer Fisher contacted me to see if I would be interested in being the main coach for his next training camp,” said Joslin via email. “My job would be to prepare him for his next battle inside the UFC octagon. I’ve always loved watching Spencer fight as he fights hard and always goes for the finish during his bouts. I was very excited about working with him, so after talking with my family and students I decided to make the trip” added Joslin.

Joslin is currently staying in Bettendorf, Iowa with Fisher while he coaches ‘The King.’ “I’ve got the entire training camp completely mapped out with practice sessions of all different kinds. We're keeping the game plan secret, so I won't say anything else other than that it's going to be some very tough training,” said Joslin.

Fans can visit jeffjoslinmma.com for updates on how the training camp is going. Joslin runs his own gym, Joslin’s Mixed Martial Arts, located at 436 Concession Street in Hamilton. He teaches various martial arts including MMA. For more information on upcoming seminars etc. visit jeffjoslinmma.com.

2 comments:

  1. Joslin was a great fighter, and is a terrific coach, but I think "former UFC star" is a bit over the top for a guy who had one fight in the UFC, which was a smaller fight night event, and lost. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish joslin was still fighting, very talented guy, looked great against kos

    ReplyDelete