Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bellator Makes Season 4 Lightweight Tournament Official, Confirms “Razor” Rob McCullough as First Participant


CHICAGO, Ill. (February 2, 2011) – Following confirmations of talent filled Welterweight, Featherweight and Light Heavyweight Tournaments for the promotion's highly anticipated fourth season, Bellator Fighting Championships has officially announced that the promotion will hold a Lightweight Tournament this March, LIVE on MTV2. Eight world class 155 lb. fighters will face off for a chance at claiming the Season 4 Lightweight Tournament Championship, a check for $100,000, and a shot at Bellator World Lightweight Champion and top ranked lightweight Eddie Alvarez.
While announcements regarding all eight participants will follow, former WEC Lightweight Champion “Razor” Rob McCullough has been confirmed for the upcoming tournament. The Huntington Beach-based knockout artist enters the Bellator cage with momentum on his side, going undefeated in 2010 and moving his record to an impressive 19-6. Training out of Huntington Beach Ultimate Training, the hard hitting McCullough holds impressive victories over the likes of Nam Phan, Kit Cope, Rich Crunkilton, Marcus Hicks and most recently Corey Hill.

“We’re excited to add a championship quality fighter like Rob McCullough to this tournament,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. “Rob’s fights are always entertaining, and I expect nothing less this season.”
“You're definitely going to see a new and improved version of "Razor" Rob in Bellator,” said McCullough. “I have a family now so I'm not out running around like I was before. I'm more conditioned and focused than ever. I've completely rededicated myself to this sport. This is my career. I'm supporting a little boy and a wife now. It's become bigger than just me.”
The running around McCullough is referring to dates back to his days of partying when he got caught up in the limelight of being a champion, a mistake McCullough vows never to make again. With a new wife and child in the fold, “Razor” Rob has a new lease on life, and is absolutely determined to ascend back to the top of the MMA world.
“I've been training for the last six months straight, twice a day, every day,” McCullough said. “I've been adding new elements to my game, tweaking things and working on old techniques. I've got nothing but positive people surrounding me and I'm ready to get back to the top.”

No comments:

Post a Comment