Friday, January 28, 2011

Daniel Straus rides 10-Fight Win Streak into Bellator Season 4 Featherweight Tournament


CHICAGO, Ill. (January 28, 2011) – Following an impressive decision victory over Chad Hinton at Bellator 23, Daniel Straus brings a long string of victories to the Bellator Season 4 Featherweight Tournament this March, LIVE on MTV2. Straus is the fifth confirmed participant in the tournament, joining Eric Larkin, Kenny Foster, Georgi Karakhanyan, and Zac George.
Born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio, Straus (14-3) enters the tournament on an impressive 10-fight win-streak, including victories over WEC veterans Karen Darabedyan and Joe Pearson, and UFC veteran Gideon Ray. Even more impressive is the amount of fights Straus has taken on in such a short time, as the former lightweight has competed in 17 fights over the past two years. With 11 fights alone in 2009, Straus knows the unique Bellator tournament format will be a perfect fit.

“I like to fight at least once a month so this tournament format is perfect for me,” said Straus. “If I'm not banged up or hurt, I like to keep training and turn around and get my next fight in. I like to stay as active as possible. I never like to slow down.”
“Daniel was very impressive at Bellator 23 as a Lightweight and he’s riding a great 10 fight win streak including some very solid wins, I’m excited to see what he can do at 145,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney.
While it's no secret that Straus is entering the Bellator Season 4 Featherweight Tournament with his sights set on a $100,000 pay day and a guaranteed shot at current Bellator World Featherweight Champion Joe Warren, the dynamic featherweight knows he can’t overlook what’s in front of him.
My focus isn't on Joe Warren right now. My focus is on the first person I fight and putting a beating on him, and then it will be the second guy I fight and putting a beating on him. My biggest test isn't going to be Joe Warren, but getting to Joe Warren.”

No comments:

Post a Comment