Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Undefeated Chris “The Assassin” Lozano Confirmed for Bellator Season 4 Welterweight Tournament

CHICAGO, Ill. (January 11, 2011) — Chris Lozano gave Bellator fans a taste of what he is all about last season at Bellator 31 with an impressive TKO-stoppage of UFC veteran Yoshiyuki Yoshida, and with the victory, punched his ticket to one of the most talent-rich tournaments the welterweight division has ever seen. “The Assassin” is now a confirmed participant in the Bellator Season 4 Welterweight Tournament, which will air live on MTV2 beginning in March. Watch highlights of Lozano vs. Yoshida here: 



Lozano brings a perfect 6-0 professional record to the tournament with all six victories coming by way of KO or TKO. Lozano’s fierce striking and ability to finish his fights is illustrated by his four fights ending within the confines of the first round.  

“I fight to finish people. I don't fight to be nice. I understand that it's a sport, but at the same time, I'm in there to finish guys,” said Lozano. “I'm going to come into this tournament the same way I've come into every single one of my fights, and that's to put guys away.”

“It's hard to put a limit to Chris’ potential in the welterweight division.  His skills and ability have shown through devastating stoppages time and time again,” said Bellator Chairman and CEO Bjorn Rebney. “It will be great to  watch Lozano face the toughest test(s) of his fast-rising career in our Season 4 Welterweight Tournament.”

Representing the Strong Style Fight Team in Cleveland, Ohio, Lozano believes that it was his destiny to become a professional fighter. Lozano began his journey to mixed martial arts at a young age, training in boxing and Taekwondo as a youth before transitioning to wrestling during his high school years.

Though he started training in mixed martial arts just four years ago, Lozano has grown quickly in the sport, dispatching all six of his opponents as a professional. Looking toward the tournament, Lozano is not intimidated by the prospect of competing in one of the most competitive Bellator tournaments to-date.

“I've always been hungry, but I'm hungrier than I've ever been right now. Knowing how stacked this tournament is going to be, and knowing how bad I want to win it, has really helped to elevate my game,” said Lozano.  “From the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep, there's only one thing on my mind, and that's being ready and prepared for this tournament.”

Lozano is the fourth confirmed participant in Bellator Season 4 Welterweight Tournament along with Dan “The Handler” Hornbuckle, Rick Hawn, and Brent Weedman.

No comments:

Post a Comment