Thursday, March 18, 2010

East West Fighting Championships information

Recently there has been a lot of buzz going around about this new organization coming to Canada, it has Maurice Smith involved, it has Albert Mady, James Lee, XCC promoter Matt Flynn this must be a pretty big organization looking to make it's mark.  So naturally I began to ask questions about the tournament, I wasn't getting a whole lot of luck til I was chatting with Albert Mady, this is what he responded with when I asked him for some info on the subject:


"Michael Jones is the president and brought me into the EWFC about7 months ago. With my contacts and rank in the martial arts, he felt I would be an asset to the group. Me, Maurice Smith and James Lee all know each other and have respect for each others expertise and rolls in the EWFC, we can work together to help develop a truly international MMA competition that will also be truly MMA. Personally I care about the fight game, I hate to see the small time corruption, the lack of respect for the fighters and coaches, and the lack of respect from some of the fighters and coaches. I am totally anti drug use, I believe if MMA, Kickboxing and any contact sport is to be recognized it must be regulated by the government, because they are far too
dis-organized and at this time not able to govern themselves, not all but many.
We all want to make money, MMA is the hot ticket right now and may be for a while, as long as the bad promoters and clubs don't kill it. I feel we should, as they do in many parts of Europe, be licensed to open any type of Martial arts school, and the criteria should be written by legitimate experienced martial artists, with the help from people in the established boxing and wrestling world. I have been in the martial arts 41 years I have seen them come and go, I have brought fighters to five K1 events, the Shidokan World Championships, Sabaki World Championships, Kyokushin Kai World Championships and Kickboxing World Championships, and in 2009 was named Living Legend by the Universal Martial Arts Association hall of fame.

 This is my view, I can't speak for the rest of the EWFC Board, but that is the component I bring to the table. EWFC, our hopes and goals are to bring out the best in everyone who becomes a part of EWFC. We will not only feature MMA bouts on our cards, but we will have mixed cards, on our first card on June 5th in Edmonton at the Rexal Center, we will also host two Kyokushin Kai matches, hard core, hard hitting full contact karate. My phrase is, "STAND UP AND FIGHT". http://www.ewfc.ca/ and http://www.donclovis.com/"

Thanks alot Albert for shedding some light on this exciting tournament format promotion which should breathe some much needed life to Canadian promotion.  It will be nice to finally bridge the gap between East and West parts of the country and see who the best really are.  Check below for a demonstration example of what Albert Mady will be showing at the fights..


4 comments:

  1. shogun then lyoto, nick diaz would smash st. pierre cain velasquez would smash brock lesner i can't believe he's even on the list

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...June 5th....Woot Hoot... This new endeavor includes important known names... the expertise + knowledge is key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alberet, that's a great clip, and I hope the kids and real sportmans/women will enjoy, pure power,technics, selfcontrole....and.......... very hard
    TOP ,super
    take care and see you soon in canada..
    DON CLOVIS
    PS: and thanks for the link, great

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry I wrote yr name wrong must be of course ALBERT

    ReplyDelete