Friday, March 19, 2010

(fighter profile) Pro Boxer:Frankie "Gato" Figueroa jr.

Surfing the net and making friends on facebook I meet some pretty interesting and talented people in the fight game.  A few days ago I befriended an American boxer named Gato Figueroa, he had shown me some of his work and let me know that he had some experience in wrestling before his boxing.I was impressed and that got me to thinking that he would make for a perfect cross-over star to welcome American fans and boxing fans to our site.  Gato Figueroa is a world class boxer who has fought for the NABF title, he is also interested in teaching his world class skills to others, so if you are in need of some polishing in your stand-up game message "Gato".

1- Name?
Gato Figueroa Jr

2- Email
elgato140@gmail.com

3- Fight Class?
140 lbs Junior welterweight

4- How long have you been fighting Boxing? And what is your backround?
my background is 8 years of wrestling followed by my boxing that started in 2002

5- Where do you train? And what skill sets do you favour?
 I train in the Bronx NYC and the skills that I favor is motivation

6- What is your fight record?
20-3- 13 ko's

7- What was your best fight? and worst? and why?
 Fighting for the NABF title and the worst fight was when I fought Randall Bailey I got Knockout

8- What is your main skill set?
movement

9- Which would you like to improve the most?
 having a strong base team

10- When and Where and Who is your next fight?
next fight should be in May













11- What is your main training goal?
I love and Hate Cardio lolol

12- Do you think Canada is producing the best fighters in the world? and why?
 Fighters in Canada have not been to popular in the world

13- What is the biggest hurdle ahead of you in the ring/cage?
 not really no hurdles just gotta make you happen

14- What advice do you have for any up and coming fighters?
email me if you need any help

15- Who is your favorite and least favorite fighter?
my favorite fighters are Hector Macho Camacho, Pernall Whitaker, Tito Trinidad, Sugar Shane Mosley

16-Do you have a nickname, and how did you get your nickname?
my nickname is Gato and the reason I got that was because the 2nd month I started sparrind there use to be a gym cat that use to run across the ring while sparring and when that cat tried to run across the ring when I sparred I caught the cat with my gloves and my trainer told me to catch a cat you have to be a cat and you are el Gato

17- Anyone in particular you would like to fight withing the next yr?
anyone to get me to the world title

















18- If you wern't gonna be a fighter what would you want to do?
Teach

19- Any comments you would like to add? Can't Stop, Won't Stop Team Gato Baby!!! "Not a saying but a movement"








Check out GATO sparring with Josh Clottey before his Pac-Man bout

4 comments:

  1. He should fight in mma, he's got wrestling and he has awesome stand up

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been told millions of times to do MMA but man I'm 31 I dont want to learn a whole nu style hahahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already got the wresling it wouldn't take that much, you are an amazing athlete and a prize fighter, all you need is a good gym like Adrenaline and in 6 months to a year you would be a star

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with fan, but he is such an accomplished boxer it would be hard to make the move, Adrenaline would make him a superstar in 6 months though!!

    ReplyDelete