Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fight Profile: Remi "bam bam" Morvan OAMA ( Ottawa Academy Of Martial Arts)

You've all recently got to know Mark "Boots" Holst, from the Ottawa Academy Of Martial Arts. Now we bring you gym mate and training partner Remi "bam bam" Morvan, this gym is well known and for good reason, as the fighters they produce are top notch and always come to put on a good fight.

We hope to cover more on this great gym and all their fighters.

Now read below to get the inside look at this up and coming fighter.








1- Name?

Remi "bam bam" Morvan



2- Email

http://www.remimorvan.com/



3- Fight Class?

135 lbs Bantamweight



4- How long have you been fighting MMA? And what is your backround?

I have been fighting MMA since Feb 2007. I began training in Jiu Jitsu in 2005 and moved to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 2006. I have also been training Muay thai since 2007.



5- Where do you train? And what skill sets do you favour?

I train at Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts / Team Renzo Gracie Ottawa/Lanna Muay Thai Ottawa


6- What is your fight record?

6wins 4 losses



7- What was your best fight? and worst? and why?

My best fight is Freedom Fight 2008 against Ian Dawe. His Opponent was a no show at the weigh ins so I took the fight on 30 hours notice and won by Rear Naked Choke in the 3rd round. Most people called it Fight of the night. I was on a respirator for 30mins after that fight. I took a beating during the whole second round and didn't want to come out for the 3rd but my corner believed in me and they were right.



8- What is your main skill set?

I'm a purple belt under Pat Cooligan who is a Renzo Gracie Black Belt and I am also a Blue Prachiat under Kru Mark Holst



9- Which would you like to improve the most?

I need to improve in all my areas. I need to work on my "MMA jiu Jitsu" which is very different from BJJ. My Muay Thai has come a long way but has to improve for me to compete at the top level. I also feel like I need alot of work on my wrestling. I'm very hard on myself and always try to get better.



10- When and Where and Who is your next fight?

My next fight is uncertain but it will be this year. I'm heading down on the first weekend of May for the New York Open BJJ tournament held by the international BJJ federation. I'm really looking forward to getting back on the BJJ mats and compete.




11- What is your main training goal?

My ultimate goal is the WEC. I train everyday so that one day I can fight at the top of the 135lbs weight class. I don't do this as a hobby I do it to be the best.



12- What advice do you have for new fighters here in Canada?

Surround yourself with good people and a good team... then train, train and train some more.



13- Do you think Canada is producing the best fighters in the world? and why?

Yes I do. We have just scratched the surface with Canadian MMA and your going to see a new breed of fighters come out of Canada now and in the early future. Some of the top fighters are already from Canada and other top world fighters come up to Canada to train.



14- What is the biggest hurdle ahead of you in the ring/cage?

My next opponent. Who ever that is.



15- What advice do you have for any up and comming fighters?

Take your time. Grow as a fighter and make sure all your tools are sharp before you start fighting. If you jump in to quick you will have a very short career.



16- Who is your favorite and least favorite fighter?

Renzo Gracie and not because of the affiliation. He is the true meaning of a warrior and gentlemen all into one. I hate fighters that talk such trash. As fighters we need to respect all fighters. This sport is not for everyone and anyone who fights deserves credit for it.



17- Anyone in particular you would like to fight withing the next yr?

Not really. I was scheduled to fight Danny Martinez which I thought would have been a good match up for me so I hope that fight will happen one day but I never pick my opponents. My manager and coach Pat Cooligan takes care of all that for me. I just train and fight who ever is in the cage.



18- If you wern't gonna be a fighter what would you want to do?

For work I have no idea.... for fighting if I wasn't in MMA I would be competing in BJJ. I fell in love with grappling and I know that I will be on the mats until the day I die.



19- Any comments you would like to add?

I just want to thank canadianprofighter.com, my team OAMA/Renzo Gracie Ottawa, all my trainers and coaches and my friends and family for the support.

Check out http://www.remimorvan.com/ for news on my next fights.
Highlight Video Here: Remi Morvan Highlight Video

Cheers everyone....

Thanks Remi for taking the time and goodluck with all your future fights, look forward to seeing whats next.

No comments:

Post a Comment