Tuesday, March 9, 2010

(fighter profile) Adrenaline manager Alex "Pecker" Gasson

If you've been to Adrenaline Training Center and it wasn't in the morning(Alex is occassionally late) you know the front desk manager, Alex "Pecker" Gasson.  What some of you don't know is that this handsome devil is actually a fighter too and a pretty damn good one.  We thought since "Pecker" will have a weekly column and since he is fighting in the big East vs. West tournament it would be a good idea to get to know Alex Gasson the fighter.
Read below to find out more from your favourite mystery man and comedian "Pecker"


Name: ?



2- Email
 peckerdpromotions@gmail.com



3- Fight Class?
155-170



4- How long have you been fighting MMA? And what is your backround?
My first fight was in 2003 against Nick Ring. It was my first pro MMA fight, but I had had a lot of previous fighting in the amateur pankration circuit. Which started in 1997-1998.

My Background began with wrestling but transcended into stand up working within the 'Team Tompkins' ranks.

5- Where do you train? And what skill sets do you favour?

I train at Adrenaline Training Center.

I really like the mix of styles that Adrenaline is currently offering. We have the 'Liger' teaching us how to maime people by ripping of limbs at the joint, Clint Kingsburry and Coach Nick on the wrestling mats...no brainer there.

And we offer the best K-1 oriented stand up game adapted from

Team Tompkins and Bas Rutten principles. Stout, Horodecki, Hominick..all prominant in their divisions. Quite frankly, Adrenaline Training Center is the shit, brotherhood, family....something a fighter can believe in.

6- What is your fight record?
 5-8

7- What was your best fight? and worst? and why?

Worst pro fight- toss up between Sam Morgan and Jeff Joslin

Morgan because it was a ref stoppage on an armbar submission late in the 2nd round. This fight was to only go two round (that was the norm). Three and a half , four minute mark in the 2nd round, I was up on score cards holding and repositioning with strikes. He threw a quick armbar up at me, at which I wasn't caught too badly but he was extending really well with. As I rolled out ref jumped in because he didnt like the looks of my arm as I moved....my limbs were like gumbies at that time and I didnt feel in any danger....piss'd me right the 'F' off losing that one.

Josling was a next level fighter, I wasnt prepared properly for that fight and got caught, tapped due to strikes.

Best fight was my first win against Mike Newton...I was minus four deep man and running that kinda losing record hurt man..it hurt alot. That win against Newton kept me in the game, kept the spark going.

8- What is your main skill set?

Most awarded in standup competition

9- Which would you like to improve the most?

Every aspect of the game my man....every part.

10- When and Where and Who is your next fight?

Who, not sure yet.

When is May 21st with "Lets get it on East Inc". I'm fighting with the Team Tompkins and Adrenaline Banners strapped to my backpack for this training camp and Im fucking looking forward to it. Pecker's back!!! And I'm TaKInG MY TITLE!

11- What is your main training goal?

Greatast part is Im playing where Im healthier. At 155 Im not that healthy. I could make it and shit, even made 152 on 3 days notice to fight Shoot Box Japan.

But now, 5 years later, 170 is going to be nice because I can enjoy a more substantial diet, more appropriate for me and my profile. I can train wisely and work heavier strength conditioning training. Be the strong fucking beast I can be, and Eat....oh I love to eat.

12- What advice do you have for new fighters here in Canada?

I would like to say this to new fighters, not just Canadian new fighters, but all new fighters.

To be a pugilist, you've got to be a little crazy. But being a little crazy, doesn't make you a pugilist.

So just because ur a little f'd up, it doesnt mean you can train for 3 months and walk in and become the next big thing.....

If you want to be a fighter, prepare to sacrifice, alot. ANd ur gonna get punched in the face....by me

13- Do you think Canada is producing the best fighters in the world? and why?

Canada is cycling through a great set of athletes....Were definately making our mark and burn in the global MMA scene. Its great to be a Canadian based fighter at this time, because were on our game, people are recognizing that more and more. Hockey isnt the only thing we like in GOLD....

14- What is the biggest hurdle ahead of you in the ring/cage?

Every ones as big as you make em, Im hoping to keep the hurdles small by training smart and staying focused. Keeping a solid game plan for this entire tournament. It is going to be a challenge.

15-What is your biggest asset in the cage?

Being there.

16- What advice do you have for any up and coming fighters?

Get ready to rock n roll sucka!!

17- Who is your favorite and least favorite fighter?

Favourite....geez man spell it right. Ur fucking Canadian!!!

BJ Penn....that dude is the shit, and has been for a while. When he beat Hughes in his step up fight 2004. "JUST SCRAP" big letters on his shirt, no advertisements or coolness, just clean and true. Hughes was on a 13 fight win streak, nobody could beat him.... BJ beat him, it was fucking awesome...He's been my favourite ever since.

Least favourite....the guy who bips at the mouth and never backs a fucking thing up...runs behind something, whether it be a car, the law, and chirps away with no real balls. Come on RetARd, no one cares.

18- Anyone in particular you would like to fight withing the next yr?

No callouts

19- If you wern't gonna be a fighter what would you want to do?

Probably sell peanuts at a fight or something...maybe sell beer too.....

20- Any comments you would like to add?

You stink Harkes, and canadianprofighter.com rocks

6 comments:

  1. Have you actually seen pecker in the am?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck man, this is your time to get something back from the sport you put so much into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's this dude train? I could take him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing in this article about him training in Thailand, and going unbeaten in over 7 fights. Great guy I've met him and he trains hard. That Adrenaline Gym is amazing, go check it out sometime. Whose the guy in the one picture in black that Pecker is grabbing to hit? He looks familiar, is he a fighter?
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  5. The guy pecker is trying to hit is a regular at the gym Pecker had to straighten out. It was time for him to pay his gym fees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like we've got a ticking bomb on our hands....tick, tock, this guy pecker is about to EXPLODE! (pun intended). For a come-back fight, this is gonna be a goodie!!!
    Support all the way!
    p.s. Adrenaline is the black mambo...watch out for what it produces!

    A Fan

    ReplyDelete