Friday, February 12, 2010

Bellator Fighting Championships announces Canadian broadcast deal, signs Sean Pierson

With an expanded lineup of broadcast partners in the U.S. that includes Fox Sports Net, Telemundo and NBC, the upstart Bellator Fighting Championships today announced the details of a new Canadian broadcast deal.

Bellator Fighting Championships CEO and founder Bjorn Rebney today announced that Canadian broadcaster The Score Television Network will air the upcoming seasons two and three of Bellator's tournament-based MMA.

The announcement coincided with the signing of Canadian welterweight Sean Pierson (9-4).



"Canada is a hotbed for MMA, both in terms of fighter talent and fan support," Rebney stated in today's release. "Some of the greatest names in our sport hail from the Great White North as do some of the top up-and-coming prospects like Sean Pierson, William Romero and Mike Ricci. We are proud to partner with The Score to bring our exciting tournament style fights to millions of fans across Canada."


Pierson joins a talented group of welterweights in Bellator's season two tourney that includes Ben Askren, Steve Carl, Dan Hornbuckle, Jacob McClintock and Jim Wallhead.


"Sean Pierson is yet another stellar addition to our 170-pound tournament, which is shaping up to be a great tournament," Rebney stated. "Sean is a talented fighter with a great story and an easy guy to like."

Pierson's story includes balancing a full-time job at Dell in addition to his fighting career.

"With a family and a mortgage, it's been challenging at times to give my fighting career the attention that I've wanted to," Pierson stated. "I've actually tried to walk away from it a few times, but I keep getting drawn back in.

"I love my job with Dell, but it's not my passion. Competing is my passion. I see Bellator as the opportunity of a lifetime to take things to the next level and prove myself against the best talent in the world. There’s some killer talent in the Bellator welterweight division, but I think that, with my experience competing at the highest levels, I'm going to be a war for anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment