Monday, March 1, 2010

(fighter profile) XCC and Fighting Spirit title holder Jesse "The Ghost" Gross

With Jesse's fight coming up we thought we had better get this superstar's on the rise fighter profile up, just so his fans can get to know him a little better.  Check out this fighter profile of Adrenaline's very own Jesse "The Ghost" Gross..
Name?

Jesse "The Ghost" Gross

Email?

gross13@hotmail.com

Fight Class?

155/145

Gym?

Adrenaline training center

How long have you been fighting MMA and what is your background?

I've been training mma for the past 2.5 years, in that time I went 8-3 as an amateur mma fighter an 1-0 as a pro. I didn't have any type of background coming into training, I've always been a solid athlete with a strong work ethic.

Where do you train and what skill sets do you favor ?
I train out of Adrenaline Training Center in London Ontario. I work to be well rounded more than favor a particular style. When I fight I always want to make the fight uncomfortable to my opponent by taking the fight to his weakest style.

Which would you like to improve most?

In the last year I've made some solid strides to improve my wrestling, and recently I've been working hard to get my Jiu Jitsu up there.

When and Where and against who is your next fight?

My next fight is March 6th vs Lance Snow in Mt. Clemens MI

What is your main training goal?

To work hard and show up to fights prepared the best I can be. I would be so disappointed with myself if I lost fights from being out worked an out hustled because I had a lazy training camp. I just don't see how that can be expectable to any fighter.

What advice do you have for new fighters here in Canada?

Wearing a Tapout T-shirt doesn't make you a fighter, and just talking about training doesn't mean jack. If you want to be a fighter, drop your ego, shut your month and work your ass off.
Do you think Canada is producing the best fighters in the world and why?

Canada for sure has fighters that can compete amongst the best in the world, and we are producing more and more fighters that are breaking into that level of top flight competition.

Who is your favourite fighter? Who is your least favourite?

I like watching Diego Sanchez and Nick Diaz just cause they fire me up. I’m also a pretty big fan of Chris Lytle, guy always brings entertaining fights.

Any comments you would like to add?

Fight preparation is much more difficult than fighting itself, training out of ATC I have so many guys from up an coming amateur fighters to our most recognized professional fighters on the daily giving me advice and showing me new skills to improve my game.

As well as a quick thanks to my friends and family for all their additional support.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Jesse, Good Luck this weekend, we know you will represent Canada Strong!!

    ReplyDelete