Wednesday, March 3, 2010

(fighter profile) Canadian Fast-Rising Star and Bellator season 2 entrant Will Romero

Guillaume Lamarche KO (Punch) Ringside MMA - Rage Fighting 8/22/2009 1 0:17
On August 22 2009 I headed to Montreal to watch my favorite fighter, trainer, and close friend Chris "the Menace" Clements, and friend and gym mate Iraj Hadin.
I knew there would be other fights probably good ones, but that wasn't why I was really there.  When I started watching the fights there were two other impressive fighters one in particular.  He knocked out his worthy opponent in  Guillaume Lamarche in just seventeen explosive seconds. I knew then, before I was a reporter that I was going to hear a lot more about this exciting and amazingly talented young fighter.
 Name?

Will Romero

 Email

Wrrromero@hotmail.com

 Fight Class?

Featherweight- 145 lbs
 How long have you been fighting MMA? And what is your background?

I've been fighting MMA professionally for a little over 2 years

 Where do you train? And what skill sets do you favour?

I train out of Iron Tiger Muay Thai, Xtreme Couture Toronto and Jerome Coffee Boxing and the skills sets that I favour are the stand up game.

 What is your fight record?

My fight record is 5-0

 What was your best fight? and worst? and why?

My best fight was my fight vs Guillaume Lamarche at Ringside mma. I liked this fight because I KO'd him in 17 seconds. My worst fight was my second pro fight vs Mike Roberts because I started to slow and was over tentative. I like being aggressive!

 What is your main skill set?

My strongest skill set I would say is my muay thai

Which would you like to improve the most?

The skills I would like to improve on most is my jiu jitsu

 When and Where and Who is your next fight?

My next fight is for the Bellator Fighting Championships April 15th in Chicago vs Patricio Pitbull Freiere from. Chute Boxe in Brazil

 What is your main training goal?

My main training goal is to keep improving in all areas and to never stop learning!

 What advice do you have for new fighters here in Canada?

My advice to fighters in Canada is to train hard, chase your dreams and to know that it’s not an easy road. But take the challenge and know that ONLY hard work pays off

 Do you think Canada is producing the best fighters in the world? and why?

I think Canada does produce the best fighters in the world. The reason being is that we have a strong community and we stick togeather and train with the best! We’re Canadian... We’re naturally the toughest and bravest in the world!

 What is the biggest hurdle ahead of you in the ring/cage?

I think my biggest hurdle in the cage is... Actually I don't have any hurdles. A fight will naturally present you with diffrent obstacles. A fighter has to react to every situation. There's an answer to all problems.

What is your biggest asset in the cage?

My biggest asset in the cage is my heart. You have to kill me to stop me.

What advice do you have for any up and coming fighters?

My advice to up and coming fighters is to remember, this is MMA. If you wanna be successful you HAVE to train in all areas. DO NOT be close minded and limit yourself to one or two disciplines.

 Who is your favorite and least favorite fighter?

My favorite fighter at the moment would have to be The Spider Anderson Silva because he's simply a bad ass! He's very well rounded and puts people to sleep. My least favorite fighter is anyone who lays and prays. Not really anyone specific. I hate fighters that don't try and finish fights and just hope that the time runs out while they lay on their opponent.
 Anyone in particular you would like to fight within the next yr?

There's nobody in specific that I would like to fight. I don't turn fights down, so I fight whoever is lined up for me.

 If you weren’t going to be a fighter what would you want to do?

If I wasn't a fighter I would probably be a cop. SWAT team preferably. I don't wanna be giving out speeding tickets. I'm more of a kick ur door down with an M-16 type of guy LOL!
 How excited would you be if Bellator came to Ontario?

 I would be extremely excited if Bellator came to Ontario. I think that the sport being sanctioned in our province would be historic and it would be an honour if I was able to compete at the event. None the less, having Bellator come to ontario would be a positive move not only for the sport but the athletes in our province and country.

 Any comments you would like to add?
I would like to thank canadianprofighter.com for having me. It’s great to have the support of the Canadian MMA community!
Thank you Will for taking the time from your busy schedule to let your fans get to know you better.

We will be doing follow up interviews shortly stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment